Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Training
The Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) training package provides a comprehensive framework for the training of health care providers on SRHR in South Africa.
This training package a demonstration of the Department of Health’s commitment to providing comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services with a rights-based approach, in order to achieve health for all.
Recognizing diversity and integrating SRHR programs is one of the core values of SRHR as it relates to both the public health imperative and the human rights rationale for SRHR programming
This training package is a cornerstone of comprehensive, client-centred, quality approach SRHR skills provision in South Africa, a comprehensive guide for successful sexual and reproductive health and rights programs for all South Africans.
Device (cellphone, tablet, laptop, and/or desktop.
Accessing the course materials and recorded lectures online is free as the Knowledge Hub has been zero rated. An initial internet connection is required to connect to the KH.
The course has 14 modules. Completing Module 1 is compulsory for everyone who wishes to continue with the SRHR course. Once participants are done with Module 1, they can proceed to ANY module that is most relevant to their work environment, in a non-sequential manner.
Module 1: The SRHR Policy Framework and Cross-Cutting Areas
Module 2: Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health and Comprehensive Sexual Education (CSE)
Module 3: Sexual Function and Satisfaction
Module 4: Integration of Menstrual Health and Hygiene (MHH) in SRHR
Module 5: Modern Contraceptives (Family Planning and Counselling)
Module 6: Pre-Natal Care, Safe Delivery and Post-Natal Care
Module 7: Safe Abortion and Post-Abortion Care
Module 8: Infections in Reproductive Health, including Prevention and Management of HIV and PMTCT, STIs and other Reproductive Tract Infections
Module 9: Prevention and Treatment of Sub-Fertility and Infertility
Module 10: Genetics and SRHR
Module 11: Disability and SRHR
Module 12: Breast Cancer and Cancers of the Reproductive System
Module 13: Gender-Based Violence (GBV)
Module 14: Palliative Care in Relation to in Non-Communicable and Communicable Diseases
Course overall objectives
- Develop human rights approach to sexuality and reproductive health needs in a respectful, protected and fulfilled manner.
- Provide evidence-informed comprehensive sexuality education across different sectors.
- Promote standards-driven approach to adolescent and Youth Friendly SRH Services (AYFS) and sexuality education.
- Promote safe practices related to menstrual health and hygiene.
- Reduce unmet need for contraception.
- Increase access to safe abortion services and treatment of the complications of unsafe abortion.
- Raise awareness on intimate partner violence and non-partner sexual violence and exploitation.
30 September 2021 - 11:00 am